Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recipe: Peach Chutney

My husband makes a delicious sweet & spicy Peach Chutney. It's great on chicken, roast beef, and sausage. I thought I would share it with you so that you can enjoy it, also!


What You Will Need:

1 quart of peaches, diced (fresh or frozen; not canned)
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 red onion, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
1/4 candied ginger
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp allspice, ground
1/8 tsp mace
2-4 Thai chili (depending on preferred heat level)

Procedure:

1. Throw in large sauce pot and cook on medium-low for 1.5 hours.

2. Once cooked down, place in food processor and process to desired consistency.

3. Enjoy!

-------
Today's linkup parties I'm participating in....



                 












2 comments:

  1. ok um
    why is everyone doing this to me?
    FOOD FOOD FOOD everywhere
    i am beyond hungry haha!
    i am dying for LUNCH break right now


    sounds yummy! thank you for sharing




    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks AMAZING! And easy to make too. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and let me know that you stopped by.