Monday, October 31, 2011

Compromise

I have been married now for three months. Time has flown by. But one thing I have realized is that marriage is so full of compromise. You decide who will pitch in on which chores around the house and you pick your battles. We have really found an excellent routine in the kitchen that allows us both to pitch in. Stephen is off of school before I am home for work. Because of his passion for cooking (he is becoming a chef..) he prepares most of our meals for us. Have I mentioned how wonderful it is to walk in the door after working 10 hours and have dinner ready for you? It's a rough life, I know.

(Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread + wine + candles= I'm a lucky woman!)

Since Stephen makes the food, I step in and help by cleaning the kitchen and doing the dishes. This is what works best for us- having one person cook or do dishes. If I cook, then Stephen will do the dishes.

(Chicken Lettuce Wraps: courtesy of my husband)

Although we have things running pretty smoothly in the kitchen, there are still a few areas we have left to work out.
1) Who does the dishes when we eat leftovers?
2)Why my husband must leave all his "snacking" dishes on the coffee table. It drives me nuts, but he could care less.

I love my husband and am thankful for the fantastic meals he puts on the table for me.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are too cute! Compromise in the kitchen is the hardest part. I guess we don't really have that worked out yet other than I basically do it all. But I did come home from my parent's this weekend to a sparkly clean kitchen! A rare but wonderful thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we do and we've been married for 26 years :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and let me know that you stopped by.