Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall

I love fall. I love the clean smell of the cool, crisp air. I love snuggling up under blankets on the couch with my husband. I love lighting candles while I watch my favorite reality t.v. show. But one of my favorite parts of fall:

Pumpkins.




I eagerly await October because it means that I will be able to drag Stephen to the pumpkin patch, ride a hay-ride, and sip on fresh apple cider. We made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch a few weeks ago, and fun was had by us both. (They even had wine tasting that day!).


Today we carved the large pumpkin we chose and brought home from the pumpkin patch, which brings me to another fall pumpkin favorite of mine:

Roasted pumpkin seeds. We dug and and saved all of the seeds from our large pumpkin and tonight we will spread them out on a cookie sheet, slather them in oil and salt, and bake them. Delicious!


                                (Picture courtesy of Google Image, since we have yet to bake ours)

And the last but not least because it is often on my mind:

a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Otherwise known as: Heaven in a Cup.


My next adventure this week will be using fresh pumpkin from our smaller pumpkins to make homemade pumpkin bread.

What is your favorite part about fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and let me know that you stopped by.