Friday, December 2, 2011

Vampires, really?

My 15 year old sister was into Twilight before I was. There once was a day when I never thought in a million years I would ever read a series about vampires and werewolves. Ever. I mean, I couldn't think of anything more lame to write or read about- how could these books possibly be interesting? Man, was I wrong. 


The first time I read the series was a year and a half ago. I was nannying for one little girl during the summer who litterally slept 4-5 hours a day when I was there. So needless to say I had a lot of time on my hands. I decided that I should spend my time doing something meaningful while I sat there and got paid, so I decided to give Twilight a chance. I was hooked instantly. 

I don't know if it is the love story, the suspense, the werewolves, or the mind boggling interactions between an ordinary clumsy human and a blood thirsting vampire that really draw me in. I know what happens in the end. I know who Bella ends up with because I have read this before. But even the second reading this series, I am just as intrigued in every little aspect of the novels. Stephenie Meyer really knows how to write and a good, solid story at that.

If you haven't read Twilight you must give it a shot. I am not a reader. Well, I should say I used to not be a reader. But now I love these books and many others too. "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer is another must read. She has such a creative mind. 

 My hubby is out with the guys tonight. I just got home from hanging out with a girl friend and now I am going to cozy up in my jammies, crank up the heat, light some candles, and read my book. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and let me know that you stopped by.