Tuesday, November 15, 2011

15 Days of Thanks- Part 1

Today is November 15. Each day of November has sparked the desire to think of what I am most thankful for that day. While I have kept them in my head until now, I have decided to think up and list one thing I am icredibly grateful for each day of the month until now.

Thankfulness
I'm thankful for...

1: The ability to pay my rent each month and have a warm, cozy, safe place to live.

2: That I married the most selfless, honest, loving man who takes such great care of me and constantly makes me a better person.

3: For the two parents who raised me into who I am today. Although their marriage fell apart, they taught me how to love, how to work hard, and that a relationship with God is the most important thing in the world.



4: I am thankful for my job. There are good days and bad days, but I am so blessed to have the situation I do in this economy and with Stephen in school.

5: For each breathe. Sometimes I forget about the simplest things. Each breathe is a miracle and we never know when our last will be.

6: Real friendships that are deep, inspiring, and honest. For those that remind both of us of where we have been, how far we have come, and where we have yet to go.



7: For my siblings. Helping take care of them when I was young (I'm the oldest- they are now 21, 16, an 12) gave me a love for working with children. All three of them are growing up and they make me so proud.



8: For food and my chef. Whether it is my hubby or I cooking, I am blessed to know that I will be able to eat every meal. There are people in this world that can't say the same and it humbles me.

9: For jokes and laughter with those I love.

10:  Grandparents that have poured so much into my life. They have given more love and support than I deserved at times.

11: For me education. I was blessed with a great college experience where I earned two degrees in an area that I love (education).

12: For pictures that allow moments to stand still. I love being able to go back and see a moment in time and having the opportunity to capture important events.

13: I am thankful for coffee because it makes it easier to wake up in the mornings (especially on the chilly, dark days).

14: For tradition. I am so grateful that I look forward to holidays such as Christmas and can smile when I think of the traditions my parents created for us.

15: For days off so I can sleep in and choose how I want to spend my day.

~~~

I would love to read your list of thankfulness. If you have posted one, would you please share the link in the comments below so I can check it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave a comment and let me know that you stopped by.