We love homemade hummus! Here is a healthy alternative to game day snacks. My husband created this recipe and I just love it!
What You Will Need:
1 cup canned garbanzo beans
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Tahini (sesame seed paste)
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place drained garbanzo beans with all other ingredients in food processor. Process until smooth.
*We like to add flavors such as roasted garlic or roasted red pepper.
For Roasted Garlic Hummus:
1. Roast 4-5 cloves of garlic in the oven at 350 degrees until golden brown.
2. Add into food processor with other ingredients.
For Roasted Red Pepper Hummus:
1. Roast red pepper over a direct flame (gas stove or grill).
2. Once the outside is black, place in closed container for a few minutes and let rest (I use a Tupperwear container). This allows the skin to blister so it can be easily removed.
3. Cut and remove seeds from bell pepper. Place flat on cutting board.
4. Use the spine of the knife (back) to scrape black char/skin off bell pepper.
5. Chop and place with other ingredients in food processor.